Did you miss it live? Here’s how to throw an Oscar Party that will have your guests handing you the envelope!
Get the Recipes:
- Opening Act Popcorn Station
- Display varieties of plain and flavored popcorns/kettle corns with toppings of choice (chocolates, candy, sprinkles, popcorn powders, fresh herbs, grated cheeses…) and provide your guests with popcorn bags or bowls to create their favorite combinations for watch the show.
Fit-Into-Your-Gown Brussels Sprouts Salad–One of That’s So Jenn’s most popular recipes!
- For salad
24 oz. brussels sprouts, shredded
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped hazelnuts (use sunflower seeds for nut allergy)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- If unable to find pre-shredded brussels sprouts in store, rinse whole brussels sprouts and pat dry. Cut off tips. Remove any outer leaves that look less than desirable. Attach the ‘shred’ blade on your food processor. Pulse brussels sprouts through until confetti is formed.
Transfer to a large bowl and add parmesan cheese and hazelnuts. Stir.
In another bowl, mix together olive oil, truffle oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
Red Carpet Ready Baked Pepper Poppers
- 1 package mini sweet baby bell peppers
1 container Laughing Cow spreadable pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup jarred, sliced jalepenos, diced
A few strips of finely diced bacon or vegetarian bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash peppers, cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and stem.
In a small bowl, stir together cheese, bacon bits and jalepenos until well incorporated.
Fill each pepper with cheese mixture and top with breadcrumbs.
Bake for about 15 minutes until pepper is soft and cheese is lightly golden.
Broil gently for 1-3 minutes (Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!) to brown breadcrumbs.
Dressed Up Antipasto Skewers
- 1 block feta cheese cut into small cubes
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 can artichokes in water
1 package sundried tomatoes, dried or in oil
1 jar roasted peppers, cut into small pieces
You will also need:
- Push a tomato through the sharp point of skewer for the ‘head’, then a bowtie pasta noodle to form a tuxedo, then a piece of cheese for the body and finish with roasted pepper and sundried tomato. Continue until you have the desired amount.
Encore Mini Waffles with Gold Star Sprinkles
- 1 box frozen mini waffles (plain or flavor of choice)
1 pint ice cream
Gold star sprinkles
- Prepare waffles in oven according to instructions. Crispy ones hold up to ice cream best. Unless serving immediately, allow to cool so ice cream doesn’t melt. Spoon a very small amount of ice cream onto each waffle. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with gold star sprinkles.